Honoring Female Korean War Veterans
Next, women veterans of the Korean War are honored by the Defense Department. They reflect on their service as nurses and medical specialists during the Korean War, which lasted from 1950 to 1953.
This is about an hour and 25 minutes.
*The transcript for this program was compiled from uncorrected Closed Captioning.
People in this video
- Nancy Cantrell Historian U.S. Army Office of Medical History->Army Nurse Corps
- David J. Clark Executive Director Department of Defense 60th Anniversary of the Korean War Commemoration Committee
- Cathy Drake First Lieutenant (Former) U.S. Army
- Patricia Johnson Lieutenant (Former) U.S. Navy
- Daisy Losack Sergeant (Former) U.S. Marine Corps
- Eleanor Porter First Lieutenant (Former) U.S. Army
- Leslie A. Purser Brigadier General U.S. Army
- Kathy Taylor Captain (Former) U.S. Air Force
- Wilma L. Vaught President Women In Military Service for America Memorial Foundation
59th Anniversary of the Korean War Armistice
A ceremony at Arlington National Cemetery honoring veterans of the Korean War. Defense Secretary Leon Panetta…
Women in Military Service Memorial Ceremony
Following the Presentation of Colors, the singing of the National Anthem, and the invocation, officials military…
Commemorating the 60th Anniversary of the Korean War Armistice
Panelists shared their personal experiences from the Korean War at a ceremony commemorating the 60th Anniversary of the…
60th Anniversary of the Korean War Armistice
President Obama and other senior government and South Korean officials spoke at an event marking the 60th anniversary…