Legacies of the Civil War
Historians and authors discuss ongoing legacies of the Civil War - the issues and controversies that are still being borne out today.
Yale University s Gilder Lehrman Center for the Study of Slavery, Resistance, and Abolition hosted this event.
*The transcript for this program was compiled from uncorrected Closed Captioning.
People in this video
- Blight, David W. Director Yale University->Gilder Lehrman Ctr. for the Study of Slavery, Resistance and Abolition
- Coates, Ta-Nehisi Senior Editor Atlantic, The
- Delbanco, Andrew Professor Columbia University->American Studies Program
- Gallagher, Gary W. Professor University of Virginia->American History
- McCurry, Stephanie Professor University of Pennsylvania->History Department
- Witt, John Fabian Professor Yale Law School->History
Emancipation and the Laws of War
James Oakes and John Witt talked about their books on the process of Emancipation during the Civil War. James…
Studying Military History
This week on The Civil War, the final session from a conference organized by the Virginia Civil War Sesquicentennial…
Person of the Year 1862, Part 1
Each year, Time magazine selects a single person who had the most influence on events during the previous twelve…
The Civil War Politics of the Confederacy
This week on The Civil War, author and University of Pennsylvania history professor Stephanie McCurry speaks about her…