Superfund Cleanup of Toxic Waste
The subcommittee held a hearing on Superfund, a program providing federal resources for the cleanup of hazardous waste sites.
*The transcript for this program was compiled from uncorrected Closed Captioning.
People in this video
- Thomas L. Adams Assistant Administrator Environmental Protection Agency->Office of Enforcement and Compliance Assurance
- A. Blakeman Early Director Sierra Club->Washington, DC
- Richard Fortuna Executive Director Hazardous Waste Treatment Council
- Linda Greer Technical Director Hazardous Waste Treatment Council
- Thomas Grumbly President Clean Sites, Inc
- Barry Johnson Associate Administrator Department of Health and Human Services->Agency for Toxic Substances and Disease Registry
- Walter Kovalick Deputy Director Environmental Protection Agency->Emergency and Remedial Response
- Steven L. Leifer Associate Enforcement Counsel (Acting) Environmental Protection Agency
- James Ostermann Mason Administrator Department of Health and Human Services->Agency for Toxic Substances and Disease Registry
- J. Winston Porter Assistant Administrator Environmental Protection Agency->Office of Solid Waste and Emergency Response
- William A. Wallace Director CH2M Hill->Hazardous Waste Management
- Doug Wolf Counsel National Resource Defense Council
- Thomas J. Bliley Jr. U.S. Representative [R] Virginia
- Dennis E. Eckart U.S. Representative [D] Ohio
America's Smog Crisis
Mercury Emmission Standards, Part 2
The hearing focused on practical technology available to regulate mercury emissions from power plants.
Health Effects of Lead - P.M.
The subcommittee heard testimony concerning the dangerous levels of lead in housewares and the related subjects of…
Health Effects of Lead - A.M.
The subcommittee held a hearing on dangerous levels of lead in housewares. Only a portion of this hearing was broadcast.