Health Care Cost Increases
Panelists talked about the causes of rising health care costs. Topics included the cost of high-tech medical procedures, chronic disease, life style choices and high-cost patients. They responded to questions from the audience.
*The transcript for this program was compiled from uncorrected Closed Captioning.
People in this video
- Antos, Joseph Scholar American Enterprise Institute->Health Care and Retirement Policy
- Bella, Melanie Director Center for Medicare and Medicaid Services->Federal Coordinated Health Care
- Chernof, Bruce M.D. President and CEO SCAN Foundation
- Dentzer, Susan Editor-in-Chief Health Affairs
- Fasules, James M.D. Member American College of Cardiology
- Howard, Edward F. Executive Vice President Alliance for Health Reform
- Newhouse, Joseph Director of Health Policy Research Harvard University
- Reinhard, Susan Senior Vice President and Director AARP->Public Policy Institute
- Rowland, Diane Executive Vice President Kaiser Foundation->Health Policy
- Thorpe, Kenneth E. Chair Emory University->Department of Health Policy and Management
More Videos From
Alliance for Health Reforms: Health Care Costs in the U.S.
Solutions for Rising Health Care Costs
Panelists talked about the causes of rising health care costs. Topics included the cost of high-tech medical…
Congressional Debate on Health Care Legislation
Panelists talked about where the health care reform debate is headed as Congress returns from August break. Among…
Expanding Access to Health Care
The Alliance for Health Reform held a panel discussion on the contents of health care legislation currently on Capitol…
Americans Without Health Insurance
A panel discussion was held on uninsured Americans. The economic and demographic factors of the uninsured and…