Corruption in Afghanistan
Witnesses testified about U.S. aid to Afghanistan, and charges of widespread corruption in the countries.
*The transcript for this program was compiled from uncorrected Closed Captioning.
People in this video
- Carnahan, John "Russ" U.S. Representative [D] Missouri
- Hutton, John Director Government Accountability Office->Acquisition and Sourcing Management
- Johnson, Charles Michael Jr. Director Government Accountability Office->International Affairs and Trade
- Rohrabacher, Dana U.S. Representative [R] California
- Sampler, Larry Senior Deputy Assistant U.S. Agency for International Development->Afghanistan and Pakistan
Charles Johnson and John Sopko testified on U.S. reconstruction efforts in Afghanistan. John Sopko told committee…
Retired Marine Corps Major General Arnold Fields testified at an oversight hearing on Afghanistan…
Afghan Security Forces
A hearing was held titled “Training and Equipping Afghan Security Forces: Unaccounted Weapons and Strategic…
Operations in Afghanistan
Lieutenant General Curtis Scaparrotti briefed reporters on U.S. operations in Afghanistan. He said the closing of…