Tax Cuts Extensions
Witnesses testified on on expiring tax provisions and the criteria lawmakers should use to evaluate expiring tax provisions such as the Bush era tax cuts.
*The transcript for this program was compiled from uncorrected Closed Captioning.
People in this video
- Gornstein, Aaron Undersecretary Massachusetts->Housing and Comm.Develop.Dept.
- Berg, Rick U.S. Representative [R] North Dakota
- Boustany, Charles W. Jr. U.S. Representative [R] Louisiana
- Brill, Alex Research Fellow American Enterprise Institute
- Gerlach, Jim U.S. Representative [R] Pennsylvania
- Marchant, Kenny U.S. Representative [R] Texas
- Marron, Donald B. Director Brookings Institution->Urban-Brookings Tax Policy Center
- Neal, Richard U.S. Representative [D] Massachusetts
- Thompson, Michael "Mike" U.S. Representative [D] California
- Tiberi, Patrick U.S. Representative [R] Ohio
- White, Jim Director Government Accountability Office->Strategic Issues
Tax Credits and Welfare Programs
Witnesses testified about U.S. tax credits and welfare programs, and whether the programs discouraged work and higher…
Tax Code Reform
Alex Brill talked about his plan to reform the corporate and individual tax codes and compared it to the presidential…
U.S. Tax Policy
Donald Marron talked about IRS data on who pays federal income taxes, and he responded to telephone calls and…
January 2013 Tax Increases
Panelists talked about the impact on taxpayers if Congress allows the economy to fall off the “fiscal…