40th Anniversary of Watergate, Panel 1
This is the first of three panel discussions about Watergate and its legacy with many key players, including White House officials and the… read more
This is the first of three panel discussions about Watergate and its legacy with many key players, including White House officials and the reporters who first broke the story. It begins with former White House counsel John Dean, Senate Watergate Committee counsel Fred Thompson and former special prosecutor Richard Ben-Veniste who discuss the investigation and cover up. This June 11th gathering, hosted by Washington Post Live, took place at the Watergate Office Building in Washington D.C. This portion is about 45 minutes. close
This program is not available for viewing due to rights restrictions
*The transcript for this program was compiled from uncorrected Closed Captioning.
People in this video
- Richard Ben-Veniste Special Prosecutor (Former) Department of Justice->Watergate Special Prosecution Force.
- John W. Dean Counsel (Former) White House
- Mary Jordan Editor Washington Post->Live
- Jim Lehrer Anchor (Former) PBS->PBS NewsHour
- Timothy J. Naftali Director (Former) Nixon Presidential Library and Museum
- Fred Thompson Chief Minority Counsel (Former) Senate Select Pres. Camp. Activ. Cmte.
More Videos From
Washington Post Live: 40th Anniversary of WatergateMore Videos
40th Anniversary of Watergate, Panel 3
On the 40th anniversary of Watergate, we hear from the Washington Post reporters who first broke the story, Bob…
40th Anniversary of Watergate, Panel 2
Panelists discussed the legacy of Watergate with former member of the House Judiciary Committee William Cohen,…
Saturday Night Massacre 40th Anniversary
William Ruckelshaus, Bob Woodward, Jill Wine-Banks and others spoke at an event commemorating the 40th anniversary of…
Nixon Oral History Project
Timothy Naftali, director of the Richard Nixon Presidential Library and Museum in Yorba, Linda, California, discussed…