MF Global and Peregrine Financial Bankruptcies, Panel 2
Witnesses testified on at the bankruptcy of MF Global. The panel also reviewed the recent collapse of Peregrine Financial Group, and how customer protections could be strengthened to prevent future misuse of customer funds in the futures markets.
*The transcript for this program was compiled from uncorrected Closed Captioning.
People in this video
- Duffy, Terrence A. Executive Chair Chicago Mercantile Exchange Group->Board
- Lukken, Walter L. President and CEO Futures Industry Association
- Roe, John Co-Founder Commodity Customer Coalition
- Roth, Dan President and CEO National Futures Association
- Klemme, Diana Vice President Grain Service Corporation
- Roberts, Pat U.S. Senator [R] Kansas
- Stabenow, Debbie U.S. Senator [D] Michigan
More Videos From
MF Global and Peregrine Financial Bankruptcies
MF Global Bankruptcy Investigation, Panel 3
Witnesses testified about the bankruptcy of the financial firm MF Global.
Oversight of Agriculture Commodities Derivatives
Witnesses testified about implementation of the financial regulation law that President Obama signed the previous July,…
Derivatives Markets Transparency and Accountability
Witnesses testified about commodities markets and their impact on the U.S. economy. Among the topics they…
Role of Derivatives in Current Financial Crisis
The Senate Agriculture Committee held a hearing on the role of derivatives in the current financial crisis and…