FBI Library Awareness Program
The subcommittee heard testimony on the Federal Bureau of Investigation’s Library Awareness Program, a plan to surveil scientific libraries' patrons to try and detect domestic espionage.
*The transcript for this program was compiled from uncorrected Closed Captioning.
People in this video
- David Bender Executive Director Special Libraries Association
- Herbert Foerstel Director University of Maryland, College Park->Engineering and Physical Sciences Libraries
- Paula Kaufman Vice President (Acting) Columbia University->Information Services
- Judith Krug Director American Library Association->Intellectual Freedom
- C. James Schmidt Executive Vice President Research Libraries Group
- Duane Webster Executive Director Association of Research Libraries
- John Conyers Jr. U.S. Representative [D] Michigan
- James X. Dempsey Assistant Counsel Judiciary->Civil and Constitutional Rights
- Don Edwards U.S. Representative [D] California
- Robert W. Kastenmeier U.S. Representative [D] Wisconsin
- Patricia S. Schroeder U.S. Representative [D] Colorado
- Alan Slobodin Minority Counsel Judiciary->Civil and Constitutional Rights
Equal Employment Efforts of the FBI
The subcommittee held a hearing on affirmative action and equal employment efforts and policies at the Federal Bureau…
Voice of America
The subcommittee held a hearing on the Federal Bureau of Investigation’s fiscal year 1989 budget proposal.
Mariel Cuban Prison Riots
The subcommittee heard testimony on two November 1987 prison riots in Atlanta, Georgia, and Oakdale,…