Long Term Defense Spending
The task force held a hearing on long-term defense spending, examining allocation of scarce capital resources and coordination of military and diplomatic efforts.
Only a portion of this hearing was broadcast.
*The transcript for this program was compiled from uncorrected Closed Captioning.
People in this video
- Paul Kennedy Professor Yale University->History Department
- Edward N. Luttwak Scholar Center for Strategic and International Studies
- Chester G. Atkins U.S. Representative [D] Massachusetts
- Victor "Vic" Herbert Fazio U.S. Representative [D] California
- Amory "Amo" Houghton U.S. Representative [R] New York
- Jim McCrery U.S. Representative [R] Louisiana
- Harold "Hal" Rogers U.S. Representative [R] Kentucky
- Dennis Smith U.S. Representative [R] Oregon
Future Sharing of Defense Burden
The panel held a hearing on defense burdensharing between the U.S. and its allies in response to reform proposals by…
Closing & Realignment of Military Installations
The subcommittee and panel heard testimony from Secretary of Defense Frank Carlucci on military installation…
Events in the Persian Gulf
Witnesses testified about recent events in the Persian Gulf. Defense Department officials answered questions…
The House approved the Journal. The House continued consideration of H.R. 4739, Defense Authorization bill, and…