Future of al-Qaida Leadership
Panelists talked about the relevance of al-Qaida following the killing of Osama bin Laden and political uprisings in the Middle East since 2011. They also responded to questions from the audience.
*The transcript for this program was compiled from uncorrected Closed Captioning.
People in this video
- Mary Habeck Associate Professor Nitze (Paul H.) School of Advanced International Studies->Strategic Studies Program
- Bruce Hoffman Professor Georgetown University->Security Studies Program
- Matthew Levitt Senior Fellow and Director Washington Institute for Near East Policy->Stein Program on Counterterrorism and Intelligence
- Robert Satloff Executive Director Washington Institute for Near East Policy
- Aaron Zelin Fellow Washington Institute for Near East Policy
Participants spoke about U.S. counterterrorism strategy and efforts to diminish ideological extremism. They also…
Book Discussion on Hezbollah
Matthew Levitt talked about his book, Hezbollah: The Global Footprint of Lebanon’s Party of God, in which he…
Panelists talked about the advancement of al-Qaeda and its affiliates and what the national security policy should be…
Escalating Violence in Iraq
Panelists talked about militant activity in northern Iraq and how the U.S. government should respond. In June…