Future of al-Qaida Leadership
Panelists talked about the relevance of al-Qaida following the killing of Osama bin Laden and political uprisings in the Middle East since 2011. They also responded to questions from the audience.
*The transcript for this program was compiled from uncorrected Closed Captioning.
People in this video
- Habeck, Mary Associate Professor Nitze (Paul H.) School of Advanced International Studies->Strategic Studies Program
- Hoffman, Bruce Professor Georgetown University->Security Studies Program
- Levitt, Matthew Senior Fellow and Director Washington Institute for Near East Policy->Stein Program on Counterterrorism and Intelligence
- Satloff, Robert Executive Director Washington Institute for Near East Policy
- Zelin, Aaron Fellow Washington Institute for Near East Policy
Participants spoke about U.S. counterterrorism strategy and efforts to diminish ideological extremism. They also…
First Anniversary of Osama bin Laden Death
To mark the one-year anniversary of killing of al-Qaida leader Osama bin Laden in Pakistan by U.S. Navy SEALS, a panel…
Book Discussion on Hezbollah
Matthew Levitt talked about his book, Hezbollah: The Global Footprint of Lebanon’s Party of God, in which he…
Panelists talked about the advancement of al-Qaeda and its affiliates and what the national security policy should be…