Voter Identification Laws
Panelists talked about recent voter identification laws passed in several states, including Virginia, Ohio, Pennsylvania, and… read more
Panelists talked about recent voter identification laws passed in several states, including Virginia, Ohio, Pennsylvania, and Florida. Topics included proposed and actual changes to voting procedures in 2012, possible effects of the law on voter turnout and election results, and and the implications for minorities and low-income communities. They also responded to questions from the audience. After the panel discussion, Minority Leader Nancy Pelosi criticized the new laws and said they would lead to voter suppression. close
*The transcript for this program was compiled from uncorrected Closed Captioning.
People in this video
- Donna Brazile Member Democratic National Committee->Washington, DC
- Andre D. Carson U.S. Representative [D] Indiana
- Ronald "Ron" I. Christie Deputy Assistant (Former) White House->Office of the Vice President
- Emanuel Cleaver II U.S. Representative [D] Missouri
- Marcia Fudge U.S. Representative [D] Ohio
- Marc Lamont Hill Professor Columbia University->Education Department
- John Lewis U.S. Representative [D] Georgia
- Gwendolynne "Gwen" Moore U.S. Representative [D] Wisconsin
- Nancy Pelosi U.S. Representative [D] California
- Charles B. Rangel U.S. Representative [D] New York
- Al Sharpton Jr. Founder and President National Action Network
- Debbie Wasserman Schultz U.S. Representative [D] Florida
- Melvin Watt U.S. Representative [D] North Carolina
- Crystal Wright Editor and Publisher conservativeblackchick.com
The House has passed the Senate version of health care legislation by a vote of 219 to 212.
The House has passed both…
The House considered H.R. 2632, a bill that reauthorizes only farm programs.
The House of Representatives convened for the business of the day, one minute speeches, and special order speeches.
H.R. 3630 - Middle Class Tax Relief and Job Creation Act of 2011 (Closed Rule, 90 Minutes of Debate)