Regulation of Large Banks
Panelists discussed whether big banks should be broken up to protect American taxpayers.
*The transcript for this program was compiled from uncorrected Closed Captioning.
People in this video
- Bradley D. Belt Executive Director (Former) Pension Benefit Guaranty Corp.
- Simon Johnson Professor Massachusetts Institute of Technology->Sloan School of Management
- Harvey Rosenblum Executive Vice President Federal Reserve Bank of Dallas
- Phillip L. Swagel Assistant Secretary (Former) Department of the Treasury->Economic Policy
- Peter Wallison Analyst American Enterprise Institute->Financial Policy
U.S. Economic Agenda
Panelists spoke about the state of the economy, job creation, tax policy, and ways to jump start the economy.
Banking Industry Regulations and Consumer Protection, Bankers Panel
Financial regulators testified on implementing the Volcker Rule, which prevents federally insured institutions from…
2010 Financial Regulations Law
Former Federal Deposit Insurance Corporation Chair Sheila Bair talked about the implementation of the 2010 financial…
Financial Industry Regulations, Business Interests
The House Financial Services Committee heard testimony on a bill to eliminate systemic risk and provide for prudential…