Journalists, pollsters and Republican and Democratic Party representatives analyzed the results and implications of the 2012… read more
Journalists, pollsters and Republican and Democratic Party representatives analyzed the results and implications of the 2012 elections. Topics included the campaign strategy of President Obama and the Democratic Party, the reluctance of both campaigns reach out to Americans with disabilities despite the fact that one in five citizens had some type of disability, and what the election means for the future. After their discussion, panelists answered questions from the audience. The second panel focused heavily on voter demographics and campaign issues, and the ability of the two parties to work together during the lame-duck and new session of Congress.*Ralph Reed acknowledged that changing demographics were a problem for Republicans and suggested that the party should reach out to the Latino community.
Laszlo Strategies held this forum in the Rayburn House Office Building. close
*The transcript for this program was compiled from uncorrected Closed Captioning.
People in this video
- Clift, Eleanor Contributing Editor Newsweek
- Dunham, Richard S. President National Press Club->Journalism Institute
- Greenberg, Stanley "Stan" B. Chairman and CEO Greenberg Quinlan Rosner Research
- Hazelwood, Blaise Deputy Director (Former) Republican National Committee
- Lewis, Ann Director (Former) White House->Communications
- Mizrahi, Jennifer Laszlo Founder and President Laszlo Strategies
- Pinkerton, James "Jim" P. Political Analyst FOX News Network
- Reed, Ralph E. Jr. Founder and Chair Faith and Freedom Coalition
- Salant, Jonathan D. Correspondent Bloomberg News->Washington, DC
Post-Election Analysis, Panel Two
Journalists, pollsters and Republican and Democratic Party representatives analyzed the results and implications of the…
Journalists' Predictions on 1996 Campaign
Participants discussed their opinions and predictions for the 1996 elections. They talked about issues that may…
Clinton, Congress and the American Agenda
President Clinton’s relationship with Congress and its effect on the 1994 elections were discussed.
Voter Demographics and 2012 Elections
Panelists analyzed the impact of various voter demographics on the 2012 election results. They responded to…