House Conservative Republican Agenda
A group of conservative Republican members of Congress responded to questions from reporters about the lame-duck session of Congress, the… read more
A group of conservative Republican members of Congress responded to questions from reporters about the lame-duck session of Congress, the 113th Congress, and the “fiscal cliff.” Topics included immigration reform and the farm bill. This was the monthly press conference, in the Rayburn House Office Building, held by Conversations with Conservatives. Lachlan Markay moderated.
“Fiscal cliff” referred to impending tax increases and budget cuts at the end of 2012 if Congress failed to reach a new budget agreement. close
*The transcript for this program was compiled from uncorrected Closed Captioning.
People in this video
- Jordan, James "Jim" D. U.S. Representative [R] Ohio
- King, Peter "Pete" U.S. Representative [R] New York
- King, Steven "Steve" U.S. Representative [R] Iowa
- Labrador, Raul R. U.S. Representative [R] Idaho
- Markay, Lachlan Correspondent Heritage Foundation->Center for Media and Public Policy
- McClintock, Tom U.S. Representative [R] California
The U.S. House of Representatives convened for a legislative session.
The House continued consideration of fiscal year 2011 spending.
The House worked on commerce, justice and science appropriations.
The House passed the Republican fiscal year 2013 budget 228-191.