Business, political, and retired military leaders talked about the report they were releasing, “National Strategy for Energy… read more
Business, political, and retired military leaders talked about the report they were releasing, “National Strategy for Energy Security: Harnessing American Resources and Innovation.” The report from Securing America’s Future Energy (SAFE) made long-term policy recommendations for energy security. They agreed that oil dependence was the greatest threat to U.S. economic prosperity, national security, and fiscal stability. In the SAFE report, the writers of the report suggested maximizing oil and gas production, reducing consumption and improving conservation, which could boost revenue and reduce debt. This event took place in the Newseum. close
*The transcript for this program was compiled from uncorrected Closed Captioning.
People in this video
- Blunt, Roy U.S. Senator [R] Missouri
- Conway, James T. Commandant (Former) U.S. Marine Corps
- Diamond, Robbie Founder, President and CEO Securing America's Future Energy
- Johnson, Gregory G. Admiral (Retired) U.S. Navy
- Kelley, P.X. General (Retired) U.S. Marine Corps
- Mulye, Nirmal Founder and President Nostrum Pharmaceuticals
- Romans, Christine Correspondent CNN
- Schwartz, Eric Co-CEO (Former) Goldman Sachs->Asset Management
- Smith, Frederick W. Chair, President, and CEO Federal Express
- Sperling, Gene B. Director White House->National Economic Council
- Steiner, David President and CEO Waste Management, Inc.
U.S. Oil Security
A group of conservative former members of the military called on the U.S. to reduce its dependence on foreign oil,…
Oil Independence Funding
The Senate Appropriations Subcommittee on Energy and Water Development held a hearing on the policies and funding…
The Senate convened and began consideration of H.R. 5949, the FISA bill.
Brian Schatz (D-HI) was sworn in as the…
The Senate re-convened from recess to continue as if the first legislative day of the session.