Political Instability in Mali
Government officials and policy researchers testified on political instability in Mali. They said Mali was battling three interrelated political, security, and humanitarian crises that needed the attention of the U.S and international community.
*The transcript for this program was compiled from uncorrected Closed Captioning.
People in this video
- Dory, Amanda J. Deputy Assistant Secretary Department of Defense->African Affairs
- Fomunyoh, Chris Director National Democratic Institute for International Affairs->Africa Studies
- Akuetteh, Niikwao Director (Former) TransAfrica->Research and Education
- Carson, Johnnie Assistant Secretary Department of State->African Affairs
- Coons, Chris U.S. Senator [D] Delaware
- Dufka, Corrine Team Leader Human Rights Watch->Africa
- Gast, Earl Administrator (Acting) U.S. Agency for International Development->Africa
- Isakson, John "Johnny" U.S. Senator [R] Georgia
- Mahmoud, Mohamed Quid Vice President Lobbying Network for Peace, Security, and Development for Northern Mali
Uganda's Joseph Kony and the Lord's Resistance Party
Two Ugandans who were abducted by the Lord’s Resistance Army (LRA) testified before a Senate subcommittee on…
Terrorist Threat in Somalia
Witnesses testified about efforts by Somalia, the U.S., and the international community to eliminate terrorist threats…
Violence in the Central African Republic
Witnesses assessed ongoing violence in the Central African Republic. Earlier in December Christian militias…
Political Instability in Mali, Panel 2
Witnesses testified on political instability in Mali.
*Christopher Fomunyoh, senior associate and…