Fiscal Cliff and Proposed Tax Increases
Tea party movement activists held a press conference at the Capitol Hill Club in Washington, D.C., to reiterate their decision to reject… read more
Tea party movement activists held a press conference at the Capitol Hill Club in Washington, D.C., to reiterate their decision to reject any proposed tax increases as part of a deal to avoid the fiscal cliff. TheTeaParty.net founder Todd Cefarrati presented over 150,000 petitions in support of not increasing taxes.
“Fiscal cliff” referred to the impending tax increases and sequestration budget cuts at the end of 2012 if Congress failed to reach a new budget agreement. close
People in this video
- John Calvin Fleming Jr. U.S. Representative [R] Louisiana
- Louis "Louie" B. Gohmert Jr. U.S. Representative [R] Texas
- Tim Huelskamp U.S. Representative [R] Kansas
- Scottie Nell Hughes News Director TheTeaParty.net
- Rand Paul M.D. U.S. Senator [R] Kentucky
House Session, Part 2
The House passed a bill that would provide relief for victims of Hurricane Sandy.
H.R. 1960 - National Defense Authorization Act for Fiscal Year 2014
Members debated and passed a $1.1 trillion dollar omnibus spending bill to fund the federal government through…