Future of Homeownership
Housing industry and policy experts talked about the future of homeownership. They focused on the benefits and costs of homeownership… read more
Housing industry and policy experts talked about the future of homeownership. They focused on the benefits and costs of homeownership and the role of lenders, investors and government policies, such as tax incentives and housing finance subsidies. The panelists also answered questions from audience members.
This event was the second part of a Brookings Institution on lending practices and the future of homeownership. close
*The transcript for this program was compiled from uncorrected Closed Captioning.
People in this video
- Janis Bowdler Senior Analyst National Council of La Raza->Public Policy
- Thomas "Tom" Deutsch Executive Director American Securitization Forum
- Ted Gayer Co-Director Brookings Institution->Economic Studies
- Douglas J. Holtz-Eakin President American Action Forum
- Diana Olick Correspondent CNBC->Washington Bureau
- Ellen Seidman Director (Former) Office of Thrift Supervision
More Videos From
Brookings Institution: The Future of Homeownership
Housing Market and Principal Reduction
Panelists talked about the potential impact on the housing market of a principal reduction program.
This was part of a…
Edward Demarco on Principal Reduction
Ed DeMarco talked about reducing loan amounts for some homeowners. In his remarks he said that Fannie Mae and…
U.S. Residential Mortgage Market
Treasury Secretary Timothy Geithner spoke about the report released that day by the Obama administration, Reforming…
Brian Moynihan on the Future of Homeownership
Brian Moynihan gave the keynote address of a Brookings Institution forum on lending practices and the future of…