Manufacturing Industries Job Growth
Panelists talked about bolstering job growth in manufacturing industry. Topics included corporate tax rates, vocational education and… read more
Panelists talked about bolstering job growth in manufacturing industry. Topics included corporate tax rates, vocational education and internships, and the gap between workers' jobs skills and employer needs.
This forum was part of a Brookings Institution forum titled “Fostering Growth Through Innovation.” close
*The transcript for this program was compiled from uncorrected Closed Captioning.
People in this video
- Barton, Dominic Global Managing Director McKinsey and Company
- DeRocco, Emily Assistant Secretary (Former) Department of Labor->Employment and Training
- Fischer, Gregory Edward Mayor Louisville, KY
- Hutchins, Glenn Vice Chair Brookings Institution->Board of Directors
- Katz, Bruce Vice President & Director Brookings Institution->Metropolitan Policy Program
- Kleinfeld, Klaus Chair and CEO Alcoa
- Talbott, Strobe President Brookings Institution
More Videos From
Economic Growth and Job CreationMore Videos
U.S. Economy and Jobs
Following opening remarks, economist Alice Rivlin and business executives talked about the causes of the economic…
Secretary Bryson on U.S. Economic Competitiveness
Secretary of Commerce John Bryson talked about the competitiveness of the U.S. economy. He said the country is…
Innovation, Information Technology and the Economy
A panel of telecommunications industry executives talked about the impact of innovation and technology on the U.S.…
Local and State Innovation
Panelists talked about the importance of developing local level economies.
This program was part of a Brookings…