States and Cybersecurity
Security specialists talked to governors about cyber security threats and the response and prevention strategies state governments could… read more
Security specialists talked to governors about cyber security threats and the response and prevention strategies state governments could use. Topics included what threats were posed to individuals, businesses, and governments by cyber crime, espionage, and warfare as well as preventing hacking and theft by insiders.
The meeting began with an Executive Briefing by Sam Ginn on the National Public Safety Network to modernize public safety communications.
“Protecting Our Nation: States and Cybersecurity” was a meeting of the Health and Homeland Security Committee at the National Governors Association (NGA) 2013 Winter Meeting at the J.W. Marriott Hotel. close
*The transcript for this program was compiled from uncorrected Closed Captioning.
People in this video
- Neil Abercrombie Governor Hawaii
- Richard A. Clarke Chair and CEO Good Harbor Security Risk Management
- Mary Fallin Vice Chair National Governors Association
- Samuel "Sam" Ginn Chairman National Telecommunications and Information Administration->First Responder Network Authority
- David Hannigan Information Security Officer Zappos Family of Companies
- Heather Hogsett Director National Governors Association->Health and Homeland Security Cmte.
- Daniel "Dan" J. Lohrmann Chief Security Officer Michigan
- Matthew H. Mead Governor Wyoming
- Martin J. O'Malley Governor Maryland
- Alejandro Garcia Padilla Governor Puerto Rico
- Brian E. Sandoval Governor Nevada
More Videos From
National Governors Association 2013 Winter MeetingMore Videos
Cybersecurity and Homeland Security
Homeland Security Secretary Jeh Johnson spoke at a National Governors Association forum on cybersecurity. He…
National Governors Association Opening News Conference
National Governors Association Chair Jack Markell (D-DE) and Vice Chair Mary Fallin (R-OK) outlined the group’s…
National Governors Association Closing Session
Matt Devost led off a panel sdiscussion among governors about the topic, “States Role in Cyber Security.”…
Role of the National Guard
Panelists talked about the changing role of the National Guard, and federal-state cooperation in providing homeland…