Sequestration and the Federal Workforce
Democratic representatives held a hearing about the impact of sequestration budget cuts on federal employees and their families and on the… read more
Democratic representatives held a hearing about the impact of sequestration budget cuts on federal employees and their families and on the work that they do. Marion Blakey, a former head of the Federation Aviation Administration, warned of increased airport delays if automatic budget cuts would go into effect. Other witnesses included an elementary school teacher and the Washington State secretary of health.
“Sequestration,” a legal procedure in which every federal agency has the same percentage of its budget taken back in order to cut deficit spending, was agreed to in the Budget Control Act of 2011 and scheduled to happen on March 1, 2013. close
*The transcript for this program was compiled from uncorrected Closed Captioning.
People in this video
- Allen, Megan Teacher Shaw Elementary School (Tampa, FL)
- Andrews, Robert U.S. Representative [D] New Jersey
- Fuller, Stephen S. Director George Mason University->Center for Regional Analysis
- Blakey, Marion C. President and CEO Aerospace Industries Association of America
- Cummings, Elijah U.S. Representative [D] Maryland
- Sarbanes, John P. U.S. Representative [D] Maryland
- Selecky, Mary C. Secretary Washington State Department of Health
- Van Hollen, Christopher U.S. Representative [D] Maryland
The House debated and passed health reform legislation by a vote of 220-215. One Republican, Rep. Joseph Cao…
House Session, Part 1
At about 12:30 p.m., the House began debate on the rule for the defense authorization conference report.
At about 1:30…
House Democrats on Government Shutdown
Minority Whip Steny Hoyer (D-MD) and other House Democrats representing areas close to Washington, D.C., held a news…
The House met to consider a series of temporary spending measures to re-open certain programs and parts of government…