Transportation officials from the federal highway, rail, motor carrier, and traffic safety departments outlined their programs' priorities… read more
Transportation officials from the federal highway, rail, motor carrier, and traffic safety departments outlined their programs' priorities for the next year and how sequestration budget cuts could affect them.
They spoke to state transportation officials at a 2013 AASHTO Washington Briefing held at the Hyatt Regency on Capitol Hill. close
*The transcript for this program was compiled from uncorrected Closed Captioning.
People in this video
- Ferro, Anne S. Administrator Department of Transportation->Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration
- Lewis, Michael P. President American Assn. of State Highway and Transportation Officials
- Matsuda, David T. Administrator Department of Transportation->Maritime Administration
- Mendez, Victor Administrator Federal Highway Administration
- Rogoff, Peter Administrator Federal Transit Administration
- Strickland, David L. Administrator National Highway Traffic Safety Admin.
- Szabo, Joseph C. Administrator Federal Railroad Administration
Following opening remarks from American Public Transportation Association leadership, Josephy Szabo and Peter Rogoff…
Distracted Driving Summit, Opening Remarks
Secretaries LaHood and Solis spoke at a distracted driving summit on efforts at the national, state and local level to…
Stimulus Spending on Transportation Programs
Witnesses testified about federal stimulus spending on transportation projects and the rate at which funding has been…
Child Safety Issues
Federal consumer product safety and transportation officials talked about how their agencies were working to prevent…