Alan Shimp’s video, Free Candy, was the high school-section first prize-winning video in C-SPAN Classroom’s StudentCam video… read more
Alan Shimp’s video, Free Candy, was the high school-section first prize-winning video in C-SPAN Classroom’s StudentCam video documentary contest. He was a tenth grader at Pennsylvania Cyber Charter School in Midland, Pennsylvania.
The local cable company was Comcast.
C-SPAN Classroom’s StudentCam video documentary contest was an annual national competition in which middle and high school students produced a documentary on a specific theme.*In the 2013 contest participants were asked to send a message to the president on the issue they consider most important in 2013. close
*The transcript for this program was compiled from uncorrected Closed Captioning.
More Videos From
C-SPAN's 2013 StudentCam Competition: Message to the President
- Government Wa$te
- Renewable Energy
- Fishable, Swimmable, Drinkable
- In Sickness and in Health Care
- Education Across the Nation
- The Significance of Small Businesses
- Dangers of an Increasing Deficit
- Sincerely, Rachael
- Dear Mr. President...Where Is the Funding?
- Catching Waves for Renewable Energy
- Game of Risk: Israel and Iran
- Strangers: Illegal Immigration in America
- Border Crossing Controversy
- College: America's Gateway
- Education: Take A Spin
- State of the City
- What's the Catch?
- Guns In Our Schools
- Federal Deficit and Debt
- Education: America's Challenge
- Health Care Reform
- Tides of Tomorrow
- Public Transportation in the Nation
- Free Candy
- Unemployment in America
Dangers of an Increasing Deficit
Camila Tussie, Jacob Wilentz, and Brian Bosem’s video, Dangers of an Increasing Deficit , was one of the middle…
Federal Deficit and Debt
Katherine Wang and Timothy Zhou’s video, Federal Deficit and Debt, was one of the middle school section second…
Every year since 2006, C-SPAN invited students to take part in a StudentCam video documentary competition and join in…
Debt and the Economy
Connor Martin and Angelo Tydings-Lynch’s Debt and the Economy was one of the middle school section second…