Destin Bigsby, Carl Olson, and Kieran Reiser’s video, Renewable Energy, was one of the high school section third prize-winning videos… read more
Destin Bigsby, Carl Olson, and Kieran Reiser’s video, Renewable Energy, was one of the high school section third prize-winning videos in C-SPAN Classroom’s StudentCam video documentary contest. They were ninth graders at Long Beach Polytechnic High School in Long Beach, California.
The local cable provider was Charter Communications.
C-SPAN Classroom’s StudentCam video documentary contest was an annual national competition in which middle and high school students produced a documentary on a specific theme. In the 2013 contest participants were asked to send a message to the president on the issue they consider most important in 2013. close
*The transcript for this program was compiled from uncorrected Closed Captioning.
More Videos From
C-SPAN's 2013 StudentCam Competition: Message to the President
- Government Wa$te
- Renewable Energy
- Fishable, Swimmable, Drinkable
- In Sickness and in Health Care
- Education Across the Nation
- The Significance of Small Businesses
- Dangers of an Increasing Deficit
- Sincerely, Rachael
- Dear Mr. President...Where Is the Funding?
- Catching Waves for Renewable Energy
- Game of Risk: Israel and Iran
- Strangers: Illegal Immigration in America
- Border Crossing Controversy
- College: America's Gateway
- Education: Take A Spin
- State of the City
- What's the Catch?
- Guns In Our Schools
- Federal Deficit and Debt
- Education: America's Challenge
- Health Care Reform
- Tides of Tomorrow
- Public Transportation in the Nation
- Free Candy
- Unemployment in America
Public Transportation in the Nation
Parin Bhaduri, Austin Hoag, and Nalin Varma’s video, Public Transportation in the Nation was the middle…
Breaking the Gridlock
Matthew Shimura’s Breaking the Gridlock was one of the high school West Division second prize-winners in C-SPAN…
Megan Mills StudentCam Interview
Megan Mills spoke about her video, LEEDing the Way, one of the middle school section second prize-winning videos in…
LEEDing The Way
Laura Seitz, Megan Mills, and Sinclair Richards' video, LEEDing the Way, was one of the middle school section second…