International Law and Cyber Warfare
Panelists talked about the origin and process of developing the Tallinn Manual on the International Law Applicable to Cyber Warfare.… read more
Panelists talked about the origin and process of developing the Tallinn Manual on the International Law Applicable to Cyber Warfare. Commissioned in 2009 by the NATO Cooperative Cyber Defence Center of Excellence in Tallinn, Estonia, a group of international law practitioners wrote the manual on how international laws regarding warfare could be adapted to fit similar conflicts in cyberspace.
The NATO Cooperative Cyber Defence Centre of Excellence held this book launch event with the Atlantic Council’s Cyber Statecraft Initiative and the ABA Standing Committee on Law and National Security at the University Club Ballroom. close
*The transcript for this program was compiled from uncorrected Closed Captioning.
People in this video
- Brown, Gary D. Staff Judge Advocate (Former) U.S. Cyber Command
- Healey, Jason Director Atlantic Council of the U.S.->Cyber Statecraft Initiative
- Rishikof, Harvey Co-Chair American Bar Association->Cybersecurity Legal Task Force
- Schmitt, Michael N. Project Director (Former) NATO Cooperative Cyber Defence Centre of Excellence->Tallinn Manual on the International Law Applicable to Cyber Warfare
- American Bar Association | Standing Committee on Law and National Security
- NATO Cooperative Cyber Defence Centre of Excellence
New Technologies, National Security, and the Law
Andrew Weissmann, general counsel for the Federal Bureau of Investigation, talked about new technologies and the…
Tony Romm on Cybersecurity Legislation
Tony Romm spoke about consideration of a cybersecurity bill in the House of Representatives.
Communicators with Representative Mac Thornberry
Representative Mac Thornberry (R-TX), chairman of the Armed Services Subcommittee on Intelligence, talked about…
White House Cybersecurity Goals
Andy Ozment, senior White House cybersecurity director, outlined the goals of President Obama’s executive order…