Senators on Bipartisan Immigration Legislation
The “Gang of Eight,” a bipartisan group of senators working on immigration reform, spoke to reporters about their proposal for immigration legislation. Hearings on their proposal were scheduled to begin the following day.
*The transcript for this program was compiled from uncorrected Closed Captioning.
People in this video
- Flake, Jeff U.S. Senator [R] Arizona
- Graham, Lindsey U.S. Senator [R] South Carolina
- McCain, John S. III U.S. Senator [R] Arizona
- Menendez, Robert "Bob" U.S. Senator [D] New Jersey
- Rubio, Marco U.S. Senator [R] Florida
- Schumer, Charles E. U.S. Senator [D] New York
The Senate passed the Comprehensive Immigration Reform Bill, S. 744, on a vote of 68 to 32.
Immigration Reform Proposal
A bipartisan group of senators spoke to reporters about their immigration reform proposal which sought to improve…
The Senate resumed work on S 744, the immigration bill.