U.S.-South Korea Relations
Korean Ambassador to the U.S. Y.J. Choi said that relations between the two countries “couldn’t be better” following a… read more
Korean Ambassador to the U.S. Y.J. Choi said that relations between the two countries “couldn’t be better” following a summit between President Obama and South Korean President Park Geun-hye. He was followed by a panel discussion on trade, South Korea’s nuclear program and relations with other East Asian countries.
“Challenges and Opportunities in the U.S.-Korea Alliance” was the first panel of the forum “Assessing the U.S.-Korea Relationship: Looking Ahead” co-hosted by the Hanmi Club and the Korea Economic Institute of America. close
*The transcript for this program was compiled from uncorrected Closed Captioning.
People in this video
- Young-Jin Choi Ambassaor South Korea->United States
- L. Gordon Flake Executive Director Mansfield (Maureen and Mike) Foundation
- Louis W. Goodman Professor and Dean Emeritus American University->School of International Service
- Abraham Kim Vice President Korea Economic Institute of America
- Sang-kyung Kim President (Former) Munhwa Broadcasting Corporation (South Korea)->Kwang-ju, Masan
- Chan-soon Nam Editorial Writer (Former) Dong-A Ilbo (Seoul, South Korea)
- David Pong Chairman Hanmi Club
More Videos From
A look at U.S. and Korea Relationship
U.S. and South Korea Relations with North Korea
A panel discussion was held on relations with North Korea.
Former Assistant Secretary of State for East Asia Evans…
South Korean Economy and Influence
Lee Il Houng talked about South Korea’s role in the G-20 and the world economy.
Death of Kim Jong Il
Korea experts talked about the death of Kim Jong Il, the future of North Korea, and the potential impact on security in…
Michael Auslin talked about the prospects of a triangular U.S.-Korea-Japan relationship as a way for Seoul and Tokyo to…