Advanced Vehicle Technology
Witnesses testified on safety and liability issues related to new vehicle technologies, including self-driving cars, driver assistance systems, and communications devices.
*The transcript for this program was compiled from uncorrected Closed Captioning.
People in this video
- John Lee Professor University of Wisconsin-Madison->Mechanical Engineering
- Peter Sweatman Director University of Michigan->Transportation Research Institute
- Mitch Bainwol President and CEO Alliance of Automobile Manufacturers
- Ronald "Ron" Harold Johnson U.S. Senator [R] Wisconsin
- Bill Nelson U.S. Senator [D] Florida
- Jeffrey Owens Executive Vice President Delphi Corporation
- Mark Pryor U.S. Senator [D] Arkansas
- Jay D. Rockefeller IV U.S. Senator [D] West Virginia
- David L. Strickland Administrator National Highway Traffic Safety Admin.
- John R. Thune U.S. Senator [R] South Dakota
Toyota Recalls, Part 1
Officials testified about the U.S. government response to the Toyota recalls of vehicles due to break and acceleration…
Unintended Acceleration in Toyota Cars
Secretary LaHood and other officials spoke to reporters and answered questions about a study of reported unintended…
Toyota Recalls and Vehicle Safety, Opening Statements
Witnesses testified at a hearing on consumer complaints about sudden acceleration in Toyota vehicles and the decision…
Toyota Recall, Part 2
Automobile manufacturers testified about the U.S. government response to the Toyota recalls of vehicles due to break…