Advanced Vehicle Technology
Witnesses testified on safety and liability issues related to new vehicle technologies, including self-driving cars, driver assistance systems, and communications devices.
*The transcript for this program was compiled from uncorrected Closed Captioning.
People in this video
- John Lee Professor University of Wisconsin-Madison->Mechanical Engineering
- Peter Sweatman Director University of Michigan->Transportation Research Institute
- Mitch Bainwol President and CEO Alliance of Automobile Manufacturers
- Ronald "Ron" Harold Johnson U.S. Senator [R] Wisconsin
- Bill Nelson U.S. Senator [D] Florida
- Jeffrey Owens Executive Vice President Delphi Corporation
- Mark Pryor U.S. Senator [D] Arkansas
- Jay D. Rockefeller IV U.S. Senator [D] West Virginia
- David L. Strickland Administrator National Highway Traffic Safety Admin.
- John R. Thune U.S. Senator [R] South Dakota
Toyota Recalls, Part 1
Officials testified about the U.S. government response to the Toyota recalls of vehicles due to break and acceleration…
Takata Airbag Defects
The Senate Commerce, Science, and Transportation Committee held a hearing on airbag defects of the Japanese supplier…
Unintended Acceleration in Toyota Cars
Secretary LaHood and other officials spoke to reporters and answered questions about a study of reported unintended…
Toyota Recalls and Vehicle Safety, Opening Statements
Witnesses testified at a hearing on consumer complaints about sudden acceleration in Toyota vehicles and the decision…