Former Pakistan Foreign Secretary Riaz Mohammad Khan and former Ambassador to the United States Maleeha Lodhi spoke about the elections… read more
Former Pakistan Foreign Secretary Riaz Mohammad Khan and former Ambassador to the United States Maleeha Lodhi spoke about the elections held in their country on May 11. Former Prime Minister Nawaz Sharif, who last left office in 1999, won the election and would lead the new government. close
*The transcript for this program was compiled from uncorrected Closed Captioning.
People in this video
- Khan, Mohsin S. Senior Fellow Atlantic Council of the U.S.
- Khan, Riaz Mohammad Foreign Secretary (Former) Pakistan
- Lodhi, Maleeha Ambassador (Former) Pakistan->United States
- Nawaz, Shuja Director Atlantic Council of the U.S.->South Asia Center
- Pickering, Thomas R. Member Constitution Project->Task Force on Detainee Treatment
Politics and Economics in South Asia
Scholars from two Washington think tanks and the head of Pakistan’s largest private security firm talked about…
Pakistan’s Ambassador to the United States Husain Haqqani spoke about the current relationship between the U.S.…
General Jehangir Karamat, former Chairman, Pakistan Joint Chiefs of Staff, talked about the challenges of militancy,…
Future of U.S. Relations with Afghanistan and Pakistan
Panelists spoke about U.S. and international efforts to combat terrorism. They focused on the problem of fighting…