Religious Freedom and Government Policy
State legislators and religious leaders talked about clashes between local government and religious groups. Some of the issues… read more
State legislators and religious leaders talked about clashes between local government and religious groups. Some of the issues included the rights of religious organizations on public universities, same-sex couples, and the rights of religious employees. They responded to questions from the audience.
“Engaging Government Leaders to Protect Core Liberties” was the Legislative Panel of the Ethics and Public Policy Center’s 2013 National Religious Freedom Conference at the Georgetown Four Seasons Hotel. close
*The transcript for this program was compiled from uncorrected Closed Captioning.
People in this video
- Hamilton, Rebecca State Representative [D] Oklahoma
- Kraska, Jennifer Executive Director Colorado Catholic Conference
- McKenzie, Curtis State Senator [R] Idaho
- Reinach, Alan J. Executive Director Seventh-day Adventists Pacific Union Conference->Church State Council
- Schaerr, Gene C. Attorney
- Schultz, Tim State Legislative Policy Director Ethics and Public Policy Center->American Religious Freedom Program
More Videos From
National Religious Freedom ConferenceMore Videos
The Reverend Samuel Rodriguez talked about ethnic diversity and religious freedom.
“Renewing Religious Freedom for…
National Religious Freedom Conference
Rabbi Meir Soloveichik talked about the effort to forge a society where people from different backgrounds can come…
Religious Leaders Panel on Freedom in America
Leaders of various faith communities spoke about the role of religion in America and the pressures they feel from the…
Religious Freedom and Public Policy
Participants spoke about government restraints on religious liberty, focusing on a mandate requiring federally-funded…