Experts in U.S.-Mexico relations talked about the Mexican President Peña Nieto’s shifting strategy for security in his country, and ways the United States and Mexico can work together to curb drug violence on both sides of the border.
*The transcript for this program was compiled from uncorrected Closed Captioning.
People in this video
- Alan Bersin Commissioner Department of Homeland Security->Customs and Border Protection
- Eduardo Medina-Mora Icaza Ambassador Mexico
- Eduardo Guerrero Gutierrez Security Consultant
- Ariel Moutsatsos Minister Mexican Embassy->Special Affairs
- Diana Negroponte Senior Fellow Brookings Institution->Foreign Policy Studies Program
U.S.-Mexico Border Security
Officials talked about border security initiatives and historical patterns in threats to border security. In his…
U.S.-Mexico Border Health Issues
U.S. and Mexican officials spoke about various problems that are unique to the U.S.-Mexico border region. Among…
Mexican Drug Cartels
Immigration and Customs Enforcement officials testified about efforts by the U.S. and Mexico to disrupt and dismantle…
U.S.- Mexico Drug Trafficking
State Department officials and private sector experts testified on drug trafficking and crime in Mexico and Central…