Student Financial Aid, Part 2
Panelists talked about the difficulties in navigating the opportunities for student financial aid assistance. Rodney Andrews presented… read more
Panelists talked about the difficulties in navigating the opportunities for student financial aid assistance. Rodney Andrews presented his paper, “The Promise of ‘Promise’ Programs,” and Regina Deil-Amen presented her paper, “From FAFSA to Facebook: The Role of Technology in Navigating the Financial Aid Process.” They used slides during their presentations and then were joined in a discussion by Justin Draeger and Ed Pacchetti. Andrew Kelly moderated.
“Beyond simplification: New approaches to access” was a panel of the conference, “The trillion-dollar question: Reinventing student financial aid for the 21st century.” close
*The transcript for this program was compiled from uncorrected Closed Captioning.
People in this video
- Rodney Andrews Director University of Texas at Dallas->Education Research Center
- Regina J. Deil-Amen Associate Professor University of Arizona->Educational Policy Studies and Practice Department
- Justin Draeger President and CEO National Association of Student Financial Aid Administrators
- Andrew P. Kelly Founding Director American Enterprise Institute->Center on Higher Education Reform
- Edward Pacchetti Deputy Director (Former) Department of Education->Postsecondary Education
More Videos From
Student Financial AidMore Videos
Student Financial Aid, Part 3
Panelists talked about the re-examining the current system of student financial aid, focusing on grants. Sara…
Student Financial Aid, Part 5
Student financial aid experts discussed reforming the system. Andrew Kelly moderated.
Student Financial Aid, Part 1
Panelists talked about the history and development of student financial aid policies over the preceding 50 years and…
Student Financial Aid, Part 4
Panelists examined the idea of income-based student loan repayment plans. Issues included default rates and the…