Student Financial Aid, Part 3
Panelists talked about the re-examining the current system of student financial aid, focusing on grants. Sara Goldrick-Rab presented… read more
Panelists talked about the re-examining the current system of student financial aid, focusing on grants. Sara Goldrick-Rab presented her paper, “Making College Affordable: Rethinking Voucher-Driven Approaches to Federal Student Aid,” Lashawn Richburg-Hayes presented, “Incentivizing Success: Lessons from Experimenting with Incentive-Based Grants,” and Lesley Turner presented “Rethinking Institutional Aid: Implications for Affordability, Access, and the Effectiveness of Federal Student Aid.” They used slides during there presentations and then were joined in a discussion by Bob Shireman. Andrew Kelly moderated.
“Rethinking grant aid” was a panel of the conference, “The trillion-dollar question: Reinventing student financial aid for the 21st century.” close
*The transcript for this program was compiled from uncorrected Closed Captioning.
People in this video
- Sandy Baum Senior Fellow George Washington University->Graduate School of Education and Human Development
- Sara Y. Goldrick-Rab Associate Professor University of Wisconsin-Madison->Department of Educational Policy Studies
- Andrew P. Kelly Founding Director American Enterprise Institute->Center on Higher Education Reform
- Daniel T. Madzelan Assistant Secretary (Acting, Former) Department of Education->Postsecondary Education
- David Mundel Consultant
- Lashawn Richburg-Hayes Director MDRC->Young Adults and Postsecondary Education Policy Area
- Robert "Bob" Shireman Deputy Undersecretary (Former) Department of Education
- Lesley J. Turner Assistant Professor University of Maryland, College Park->Economics Department
More Videos From
Student Financial AidMore Videos
Student Financial Aid, Part 1
Panelists talked about the history and development of student financial aid policies over the preceding 50 years and…
Student Financial Aid, Part 2
Panelists talked about the difficulties in navigating the opportunities for student financial aid…
Student Financial Aid, Part 4
Panelists examined the idea of income-based student loan repayment plans. Issues included default rates and the…
Student Financial Aid, Part 5
Student financial aid experts discussed reforming the system. Andrew Kelly moderated.