Technologists and telecommunications officials testified on the effectiveness of existing law to prevent fraudulent “robocalls,” or automated telephone calls, and described technologies available to stop such calls.
*The transcript for this program was compiled from uncorrected Closed Captioning.
People in this video
- Altschul, Michael F. Senior Vice Principal and General Counsel Cellular Telecommunications and Internet Assn.
- Bash, Eric Associate Chief Federal Trade Commission->Enforcement
- Foss, Aaron Creator and Freelance Software Developer Nomorobo
- Greisman, Lois C. Director Federal Trade Commission->Division of Marketing Practices
- Heller, Dean U.S. Senator [R] Nevada
- McCaskill, Claire U.S. Senator [D] Missouri
- Pryor, Mark U.S. Senator [D] Arkansas
- Rupy, Kevin Senior Law and Policy Director U.S. Telecom Assn
- Stein, Matthew Chief Technology Officer Primus Telecommunications
Enforcement of Anti-Robocall Laws
Panelists talked about law enforcement efforts to stop illegal robocalls. Topics included the implications for…
General Motors Ignition Switch Recall
A Senate subcommittee hearing was held on General Motors' and the National Highway Traffic Safety…
Regulation of Unsolicited Calls to Mobile Phones
Witnesses testified on a bill that would loosen restrictions on unsolicited phone calls to mobile…
Witnesses testified about the Consumer Product Safety Commission’s implementation of the 2008 Consumer Product…