Senate Session, Part 1
The Senate convened and swore in Senator-elect Edward Markey (D-MA). Members voted in favor of invoking cloture on the nomination of… read more
The Senate convened and swore in Senator-elect Edward Markey (D-MA).
Members voted in favor of invoking cloture on the nomination of Richard Cordray to be Director of the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau.
If cloture is invoked (i.e., gets 60 votes to cut off debate) on the nomination (meaning it ), there will be up to eight hours of debate on the nomination, followed by a roll call vote on confirmation of the Cordray nomination.
If cloture is not invoked on the Cordray nomination, the Senate will move to the next cloture vote on the list previously announced:
Richard F. Griffin, Jr. to be a member of the National Labor Relations Board (NLRB)
Sharon Block to be a Member of the NLRB
Mark Gaston Pearce to be a member of the NLRB
Fred Hochberg to be President of the Export-Import Bank of the United States
Thomas Edward Perez to be Secretary of Labor
Regina McCarthy to be Administrator of the Environmental Protection Agency close
*The transcript for this program was compiled from uncorrected Closed Captioning.
People in this video
- Dick Durbin U.S. Senator [D] Illinois
- Michael "Mike" B. Enzi U.S. Senator [R] Wyoming
- Edward J. Markey U.S. Senator [D] Massachusetts
- John S. McCain III U.S. Senator [R] Arizona
- Jeffery "Jeff" Merkley U.S. Senator [D] Oregon
- Harry Reid U.S. Senator [D] Nevada
- Bernard "Bernie" Sanders U.S. Senator [I] Vermont
- Tom Udall U.S. Senator [D] New Mexico
More Videos From
- Swearing-In of Senator-Elect Edward Markey
- Senate Session, Part 2
- Senate Debate on Nominations
- Senator Grassley on Executive Nominations
Senate Democrats on Filibuster Rules Deal
Senate Democratic leaders spoke to reporters about the agreement they reached with Senate Republicans to avoid…
The Senate confirmed the nomination of Fred P. Hochberg, of New York, to continue as president of the Export-Import…
The Senate convened for a legislative session.
The Senate convened for a period of morning business and thereafter confirmed the nomination of Thomas Perez for…