The Senate convened for a period of morning business and thereafter confirmed the nomination of Thomas Perez for secretary of the Department of Labor and of Regina McCarthy for administrator of the Environmental Protection Agency.
*The transcript for this program was compiled from uncorrected Closed Captioning.
People in this video
- Bennet, Michael U.S. Senator [D] Colorado
- Black, Barry C. Chaplain U.S. Senate
- Blumenthal, Richard U.S. Senator [D] Connecticut
- Blunt, Roy U.S. Senator [R] Missouri
- Boxer, Barbara U.S. Senator [D] California
- Hoeven, John U.S. Senator [R] North Dakota
- Inhofe, James M. U.S. Senator [R] Oklahoma
- Isakson, John "Johnny" U.S. Senator [R] Georgia
- Kaine, Timothy M. U.S. Senator [D] Virginia
- Manchin, Joe III U.S. Senator [D] West Virginia
- McConnell, Mitch Jr. U.S. Senator [R] Kentucky
- Murray, Patty U.S. Senator [D] Washington
- Reed, John "Jack" F. U.S. Senator [D] Rhode Island
- Reid, Harry U.S. Senator [D] Nevada
- Sanders, Bernard "Bernie" U.S. Senator [I] Vermont
- Schatz, Brian E. U.S. Senator [D] Hawaii
- Sessions, Jefferson "Jeff" U.S. Senator [R] Alabama
- Stabenow, Debbie U.S. Senator [D] Michigan
- Vitter, David U.S. Senator [R] Louisiana
- Warren, Elizabeth U.S. Senator [D] Massachusetts
Democratic Election Agenda
Democratic Party leaders held a press conference at the Democratic National Committee headquarters to express their…
The Senate confirmed the nomination of Fred P. Hochberg, of New York, to continue as president of the Export-Import…
Senate Session, Part 1
The Senate convened and swore in Senator-elect Edward Markey (D-MA).
Members voted in favor of invoking cloture on the…
The Senate convened for a legislative session.