Voting Rights Act
Civil rights leaders and members of Congress talked about voting rights and the Supreme Court ruling from earlier in the year that struck… read more
Civil rights leaders and members of Congress talked about voting rights and the Supreme Court ruling from earlier in the year that struck down a key portion of the Voting Rights Act of 1965 on determining which states and districts must receive approval from the Justice Department before changing their voting laws. The panelists were unified in believing that the ruling’s effects on voter suppression, and the need for a constitutional amendment that guarantees the right to vote to everyone. close
People in this video
- Jesse Jackson Founder and President Rainbow/PUSH Coalition
- Sheila Jackson Lee U.S. Representative [D] Texas
- Hank Johnson Jr. U.S. Representative [D] Georgia
- Janice L. Mathis Vice President Rainbow/PUSH Coalition
- Hilary O. Shelton Senior Vice President Washington
More Videos From
SCLC on Race and Poverty
The House considered H.R. 2632, a bill that reauthorizes only farm programs.
Legislative Business-H.R. 2655 - Lawsuit Abuse Reduction Act
House Session, Part 2
The House convened for a legislative session.
Legislative Business One Minute Speeches (15 per side) H.R. 4970 - Violence Against Women Reauthorization Act of 2012…