Cuts to Early Childhood Education Programs
Panelists talked about the impact of sequestration budget cuts to the Head Start program. *Some 57,000 children were expected to lose Head Start or face reduced services due to mandated spending cuts to the program.
*The transcript for this program was compiled from uncorrected Closed Captioning.
People in this video
- Michael Linden Managing Director Center for American Progress->Economic Policy
- Carmel Martin Vice President Center for American Progress
- Nita Norphlet-Thompson Executive Director Mississippi Head Start Association
- Sharon Parrott Vice President Center on Budget and Policy Priorities
- Colleen Rathgeb Policy Director Department of Health and Human Services->Office of Head Start
- Christina Samuels Staff Writer Education Week Magazine
- Ouida Foster Toutebon Executive Director Head Start Program->Rockland (NY)
- Yasmina Vinci Executive Director National Head Start Association
Early Childhood Education, Part 2
Panelists talked about the importance and impact of early childhood education.
Early Childhood Education
Virginia Governor Terry McAuliffe (D) talked about his state’s investment in early childhood education. He…
Reforming Early Education
Panelists talked about early childhood education programs. Among the topics they addressed were improving Head…
Debt and Deficit Reduction
Fiscal policy scholars assessed the impact of deficit reduction on the economy. The speakers provided policy…