Ambassadors from the League of Arab States and Mali and the deputy chief of mission at the Embassy of Lithuania talked about security… read more
Ambassadors from the League of Arab States and Mali and the deputy chief of mission at the Embassy of Lithuania talked about security cooperation among countries worldwide in combating terrorism following an attack on a mall in Nairobi, Kenya. Among the topics they addressed were the definition and origins of terrorism, the impact of Israeli-Palestinian and instability in the Middle East and North Africa. The program included questions from audience members at the end of the discussion.
“The Terrorists-Prisoners Challenge: Lessons Learned and Future Outlook” was held at the Potomac Institute. close
*The transcript for this program was compiled from uncorrected Closed Captioning.
People in this video
- Mohammed Al Hussaini Al Sharif Ambassador League of Arab States->United States
- Yonah Alexander Director Potomac Institute for Policy Studies->International Center for Terrorism Studies
- Al Maamoun Baba Lamine Keita Ambassador Mali->United States
- Abderrahim Rahhaly Deputy Chief of Mission Morocco->Embassy in U.S.
- Javier Ruperez Ambassador (Former) Spain->United States
- Simonas Satunas Deputy Chief of Mission Lithunian Embassy
- Michael S. Swetnam Founding Chair Potomac Institute for Policy Studies
- University of Virginia | Center for National Security Law
- Potomac Institute for Policy Studies | International Center for Terrorism Studies
- Inter-University Center for Terrorism Studies
- International Law Institute | Inter-University Center for Legal Studies
Nature of Domestic Terrorist Threats
Panelists talked about the growing threat of “lone wolf” domestic terrorist attacks. "Lone wolf" is a…
First Anniversary of Osama bin Laden Death
To mark the one-year anniversary of killing of al-Qaida leader Osama bin Laden in Pakistan by U.S. Navy SEALS, a panel…
As the United Nations Security Council formally considered Palestine’s statehood bid, experts discussed the…
Security Threats in North Africa
Michael Swetnam and Nejib Ayachi made opening remarks at an international conference on security challenges and…