Health Care's Cost Curve
Medical and insurance industry representatives talked about the implementation of the health care law, and its impact on costs. They… read more
Medical and insurance industry representatives talked about the implementation of the health care law, and its impact on costs. They discussed payment structures, quality standards, and competition and consolidation, and other topics.
The National Journal hosted this event on the same week that health insurance exchanges opened for enrollment to the public. close
*The transcript for this program was compiled from uncorrected Closed Captioning.
People in this video
- Fontenot, Keith Visiting Scholar Brookings Institution
- Hayes, Katherine Director Bipartisan Policy Center->Health Policy
- Hilferty, Dan President and CEO Independence Blue Cross
- Isasi, Frederick Director National Governors Association->Health Division
- Ko, Clifford M.D. Medical Director American College of Surgeons->Research and Patient Care
- Mitchell, Elizabeth H U.S. Representative Candidate (Former) [D] Maine
- Serafini, Marilyn Werber Director Alliance for Health Reform->Communications
More Videos From
National Journal: Discussion on Health Care's Next Era
- Representative Burgess on Health Care's Next Era
- Health Care Patients and Providers
- Health Insurance Industry
- Health Care's Cost Curve
Health Care Patients and Providers
Panelists talked about ways in which the Affordable care act would affect patients and providers.
Governor Beshear on Affordable Care Act
Governor Steve Beshear (D-KY) spoke about Kentucky’s efforts to implement the Affordable Care Act, and criticized…
Health Insurance Industry
Panelists talked about the Affordable Care Act’s impact on the insurance industry and employers. Two of the…
Representative Burgess on Health Care's Next Era
Representative Michael Burgess talked about ways in which the Affordable care act would affect patients and providers.