Detroit Mayoral Debate
Democratic Detroit mayoral candidates Mike Duggan and Benny Napoleon debated each other on issues such as the city’s emergency… read more
Democratic Detroit mayoral candidates Mike Duggan and Benny Napoleon debated each other on issues such as the city’s emergency manager, fighting crime, and dealing with empty neighborhoods. At the time, Mike Duggan was the frontrunner who won the nonpartisan Detroit mayoral primary as a write-in candidate. He previously served as president and chief executive officer of the Detroit Medical Center. Wayne County Sheriff Benny Napoleon was second in the primary.
This debate was a special edition of “Michigan Matters,” co-sponsored by WWJ Radio and the Michigan Chronicle. The WWJ-TV studio was in Southfield, Michigan.
Courtesy WWJ-TV. close
*The transcript for this program was compiled from uncorrected Closed Captioning.
People in this video
- Cain, Carol Senior Produer and Host WWJ-TV (Detroit, MI)->Michigan Matters
- Duggan, Michael "Mike" E. President and CEO (Former) Detroit Medical Center
- Jordan, Tom Co-Anchor WWJ-Radio->Morning News
- Napoleon, Benny N. Sheriff Wayne County, MI
- Russell, Clifford A. Host (Former) Detroit Public Television->American Black Journal
- Thompson, Bankole Senior Editor Michigan Chronicle
Hosting OrganizationMore Hosting Organizations
Detroit Mayoral Debate, Part 2
Detroit mayoral candidates Mike Duggan and Benny Napoleon debated each other on issues such as the city’s…
Carol Cain on Detroit Mayoral Race
Carol Cain of CBS Detroit spoke by phone about the Detroit mayoral race between Wayne County Sheriff Benny Napoleon and…
Town Hall Meeting on Detroit Bankruptcy
Representative John Conyers (D-MI) held a town hall meeting on the implications of the Detroit bankruptcy…
Documentary filmmakers Rachel Grady and Heidi Ewing talked about their film Detropia, and responded to telephone calls…