Government Shutdown Politics
Participants talked about the likely impact of the government shutdown and impasse over raising the debt ceiling on the political climate in Washington and potential effects on future elections. They responded to questions from the audience.
*The transcript for this program was compiled from uncorrected Closed Captioning.
People in this video
- Boccia, Romina Fellow Heritage Foundation->Roe (Thomas A.) Institute for Economic Policy Studies
- Heilbrunn, Jacob Senior Editor National Interest Magazine
- Keene, David A. Chairman (Former) American Conservative Union
- Merry, Robert W. Editor National Interest Magazine
- Simes, Dimitri K. President Center for the National Interest
Book Discussion on They Knew They Were Right
The Nixon Center hosted a luncheon discussion on Jacob Heilbrunn’s book They Knew They Were Right: The Rise of…
Russia and Sochi Winter Olympics
Ahead of the 2014 Winter Olympics in Sochi, Russia, panelists talked about the U.S-Russia relationship. Topics…
A panel discussion was held on presidential power in foreign and security policy. Attorneys and constitutional…
Foreign Policy and American Nationalism
Michael Lind talked about foreign policy, immigration, trade, and military policy. Mr. Lind had recently…