Investment Summit, Day 2
Secretary of State John Kerry spoke at a conference organized by the Commerce Department. The Secretary was introduced by Commerce… read more
Secretary of State John Kerry spoke at a conference organized by the Commerce Department. The Secretary was introduced by Commerce Secretary Penny Pritzker.
Secretary Kerry’s speech was followed by a panel discussion on free trade. U.S. Trade Representative Michael Froman said recent revelations about NSA spying on U.S. allies will not disrupt free trade negotiations with the European Union. Panelists also spoke about the Transatlantic Trade and Investment Partnership and a free trade pact with the Asia-Pacific region. close
*The transcript for this program was compiled from uncorrected Closed Captioning.
People in this video
- Michael "Mike" B. Froman U.S. Trade Representative Department of Commerce
- Bill Haslam Governor Tennessee
- Neil Irwin Columnist Washington Post
- John F. Kerry Secretary Department of State
- Douglas Oberhelman Chairman and CEO Caterpillar Corporation
- Penny S. Pritzker Secretary Department of Commerce
- Francisco Sanchez Undersecretary Department of Commerce->International Trade
- Ludwig Willisch CEO BMW Group->North America
Business Investment in the U.S.
Industry leaders talked about ways to encourage businesses to invest in and operate in the United States. Larry…
U.S.-Africa Economic Relations
U.S., African, and World Bank officials spoke about economic development in Africa and the modernization and renewal of…
U.S.-Africa Business Forum, Secretary John Kerry and African Presidential Panel
Secretary of State John Kerry spoke, followed by a discussion with African presidents on how the continent’s…
U.S.-Africa Business Forum, Opening Remarks
Former New York Mayor Michael Bloomberg and Commerce Secretary Penny Pritzker made welcoming remarks at the U.S.-…