Investment Summit, Day 2
Secretary of State John Kerry spoke at a conference organized by the Commerce Department. The Secretary was introduced by Commerce… read more
Secretary of State John Kerry spoke at a conference organized by the Commerce Department. The Secretary was introduced by Commerce Secretary Penny Pritzker.
Secretary Kerry’s speech was followed by a panel discussion on free trade. U.S. Trade Representative Michael Froman said recent revelations about NSA spying on U.S. allies will not disrupt free trade negotiations with the European Union. Panelists also spoke about the Transatlantic Trade and Investment Partnership and a free trade pact with the Asia-Pacific region. close
*The transcript for this program was compiled from uncorrected Closed Captioning.
People in this video
- Froman, Michael "Mike" B. U.S. Trade Representative Department of Commerce
- Haslam, Bill Governor Tennessee
- Irwin, Neil Columnist Washington Post
- Kerry, John F. Secretary Department of State
- Oberhelman, Douglas Chairman and CEO Caterpillar Corporation
- Pritzker, Penny S. Secretary Department of Commerce
- Sanchez, Francisco Undersecretary Department of Commerce->International Trade
- Willisch, Ludwig CEO BMW Group->North America
Business Investment in the U.S.
Industry leaders talked about ways to encourage businesses to invest in and operate in the United States. Larry…
The U.S. and the G-20
Treasury Secretary Timothy Geithner testified on the current global economic crisis and proposed reforms discussed…
U.S. and the Global Economy
Treasury Secretary Jack Lew talked about business investment. He described the state of the global economy, citing…
President Obama on Foreign Investment
President Obama announced a new government-wide effort to encourage foreign business investment in the United…