Federal Reserve Policies and Regulation
Panelists discussed the economic policies of the Federal Reserve System on its 100th anniversary. John Williams presented a paper on… read more
Panelists discussed the economic policies of the Federal Reserve System on its 100th anniversary. John Williams presented a paper on Chair Bernanke’s unconventional fiscal policies to fight the recession, which was responded to by Martin Feldstein. A paper on strengthening regulations was presented by Paul Tucker with Rodgin Cohen responding. All speakers took questions from members of the audience.
“Central Banking after the Great Recession: Lessons Learned and Challenges Ahead” was the inaugural event of the Hutchins Center on Fiscal and Monetary Policy at Brookings. close
*The transcript for this program was compiled from uncorrected Closed Captioning.
People in this video
- H. Rodgin Cohen Vice Chair Brookings Institution->Economic Studies Council
- Martin S. Feldstein Professor Harvard University->Economics
- Paul Tucker Senior Fellow Harvard University->Mossavar-Rahmani Center for Business and Government
- David M. Wessel Founding Director Brookings Institution->Hutchins Center on Fiscal and Monetary Policy
- John Williams President and CEO Federal Reserve Bank of San Francisco
More Videos From
Brookings: Outgoing Fed Chair Ben Bernanke & PanelsMore Videos
Federal Reserve System
Panelists discussed the economic policies of the Federal Reserve System on its 100th anniversary, focusing on the…
Federal Reserve Chair Ben Bernanke on Monetary Policy
Outgoing Federal Reserve Chair Ben Bernanke talked about the work of the Federal Reserve System on its 100th…
Former Vice Chairman Donald Kohn on the Federal Reserve
Former Federal Reserve Vice Chair Donald Kohn talked about his experiences helping run the Federal Reserve…
Budget Process in the U.S. and the U.K.
Congressional Budget Office Director Doug Elmendorf and Robert Chote, the director of the United Kingdom’s Office…