Florida 13th Congressional District Debate
Alex Sink (D), Lucas Overby (L), and David Jolly (R), the three candidates running for the 13th Congressional District of Florida seat held… read more
Alex Sink (D), Lucas Overby (L), and David Jolly (R), the three candidates running for the 13th Congressional District of Florida seat held by the late Representative Bill Young (R), took part in a debate before the special election to be held March 11, 2014. Topics included flood insurance, the Affordable Care Act, same sex marriage, entitlement reform, immigration reform, and U.S. policy toward Syria.
The debate at the Seminole Campus of St. Petersburg College was co-sponsored by the Tampa Bay Times and Bay New 9. Al Ruechel, Adam Smith, and Amy Hollyfield moderated. There was a video questions from a resident.
There are two breaks for commercials.
Courtesy of Bay News 9. close
*The transcript for this program was compiled from uncorrected Closed Captioning.
People in this video
- Neil Brown Vice President and Editor Tampa Bay Times
- Amy Hollyfield Assistant Managing Editor Tampa Bay Times->Politics
- David W. Jolly General Counsel (Former) U.S. House of Representatives->Young, C. (R-FL)
- Alan Mason Vice President and General Manager Florida
- James "Jim" Oliver Provost St. Petersburg College->Seminole Campus
- Lucas Overby U.S. Representative Candidate
- Al Ruechel Senior Anchor Bay News 9 (St. Petersburg, FL)
- Alex Sink Chief Financial Officer (Former) Florida
- Adam C. Smith Editor Tampa Bay Times->Politics
Hosting OrganizationMore Hosting Organizations
Adam Smith on Florida Special Election
Adam Smith talked about the special election in Florida to replace Representative C.W. “Bill” Young (R-FL),…
Florida Senate Democratic Primary Debate
U.S. Representative Kendrick Meek and businessman Jeff Greene, the two leading candidates in Florida’s Democratic…
Florida 2nd Congressional District Debate
Two-term Representative Steve Southerland (R-FL) and challenger Gwen Graham (D) met for a debate for Florida’s…
Florida 26th Congressional District Debate
Incumbent Representative Joe Garcia (D) and challenger Carlos Curbelo (R) met in a debate for Florida’s 26th…