Energy Policy and Congress
House and Senate members serving on energy policy congressional committees and industry leaders talked about energy policy in the 113th Congress. Topics included the impact of coal on climate change and the Keystone XL Pipeline.
*The transcript for this program was compiled from uncorrected Closed Captioning.
People in this video
- Frances Beinecke President Natural Resources Defense Council
- Diana L. DeGette U.S. Representative [D] Colorado
- Charles K. Ebinger Director Brookings Institution->Energy Security Initiative
- Ross Eisenberg Vice President National Association of Manufacturers->Energy and Resources Policy
- David L. Goldwyn Special Envoy and Coordinator (Former) Department of State->International Energy Affairs
- Gene Green U.S. Representative [D] Texas
- Sarah Ladislaw Senior Fellow Center for Strategic and International Studies
- Lois Romano Senior Writer Politico
- Lois Romano Editor Politico->Events
- Darren Samuelsohn Senior Correspondent (Former) Politico->Energy and Environment
- John M. Shimkus U.S. Representative [R] Illinois
- Sheldon Whitehouse U.S. Senator [D] Rhode Island
Energy Efficiency in the U.S.
Witnesses testified about he origin and scope of the Department of Energy’s loan guarantee program, lessons…
Secretary Sebelius on Health Care Implementation Problems
Secretary Kathleen Sebelius testified about the problems with the release of the Healthcare.gov Web site for the health…
Implementation of Affordable Care Act
Government contractors testified on their role in building the various components of Affordable Care Act’s online…
Power Plant Regulations
Janet McCabe testified on the Environmental Protection Agency’s (EPA) proposed carbon emissions regulations for…