Medicare Fraud Protection
Officials from the Health and Human Services Department and the Government Accountability Office testified at a hearing on ways to better manage the Medicare system and prevent instances of fraud, waste, and abuse.
*The transcript for this program was compiled from uncorrected Closed Captioning.
People in this video
- Gus Michael Bilirakis U.S. Representative [R] Florida
- Donna M. Christensen Congressional Delegate [D] Virgin Islands
- James Cosgrove Director Government Accountability Office->Health Care
- Phil Gingrey MD U.S. Representative [R] Georgia
- Kathleen M. King Director Government Accountability Office->Health Care
- Frank Pallone Jr. U.S. Representative [D] New Jersey
- Joseph "Joe" Pitts U.S. Representative [R] Pennsylvania
- John M. Shimkus U.S. Representative [R] Illinois
- Robert A. Vito Regional Inspector General Department of Health and Human Services->Evaluation and Inspections
- Henry Waxman U.S. Representative [D] California
Physician Reimbursement Rates for Federal Health Programs
Members heard from expert witnesses about legislative efforts to fix the sustainable growth rate (SGR), a formula used…
Medicare Fraud and Abuse
Witnesses testified on Medicare management.
Affordable Care Act and Medicare Advantage
Witnesses testified on the impact of the Affordable Care Act on the Medicare Advantage program. Medicare Advantage…
Medicare Advantage Program
The Medicare Advantage program is an alternative to the FIFA insurance program, offered by private companies, and about…