President Johnson and Martin Luther King, Jr.
Panelists talked about the relationship between President Lyndon Johnson and Martin Luther King, Jr. The panel, “LBJ and MLK:… read more
Panelists talked about the relationship between President Lyndon Johnson and Martin Luther King, Jr.
The panel, “LBJ and MLK: Fulfilling a Promise, Realizing a Dream,” took place at a Civil Rights Summit hosted by the Lyndon B. Johnson Presidential Library in Austin, Texas. 2014 marked the 50th anniversary of President Johnson’s signing of the 1964 Civil Rights Act on July 2, 1964. close
*The transcript for this program was compiled from uncorrected Closed Captioning.
People in this video
- Taylor Branch Historian
- Joseph A. Califano Jr. Special Assistant (Former) White House->Domestic Policy
- Doris Kearns Goodwin Historian
- Tom Johnson Chair (Former) Lyndon Baines Johnson Foundation
- Todd S. Purdum Editor (Former) Vanity Fair->Washington Office
- Andrew Young Mayor (Former) Atlanta, GA
- University of Texas at Austin | LBJ School of Public Affairs
- Johnson (Lyndon Baines) Presidential Library and Museum
More Videos From
The Civil Rights Summit: We Shall Overcome (Day 2)More Videos
Heroes of the Civil Rights Movement
Julian Bond, Andrew Young and Representative John Lewis talked about their roles in the Civil Rights Movement. The…
Bill Clinton at Civil Rights Summit
Former President Bill Clinton gave the closing address on the second day of a three-day a Civil Rights Summit hosted by…
Sports and Race
Bill Russell and Jim Brown talked about changes in professional sports in the decades since the Civil Rights…
Immigration Policy and Civil Rights
Panelists talked about the issue of immigration as it relates to civil rights, border security, politics, and the…