U.S.-China Relations, Chinese Economy Panel
Prominent young scholars from both countries discussed U.S.-China relations, concentrating on the role of discussed China’s economic… read more
Prominent young scholars from both countries discussed U.S.-China relations, concentrating on the role of discussed China’s economic growth and economic politics.
“Young Scholars on U.S.-China Relations” was a panel of “35 Years of U.S.-China Relations: Diplomacy, Culture and Soft Power.” The event marked the anniversary of the establishment of full diplomatic relations on January 1, 1979. close
*The transcript for this program was compiled from uncorrected Closed Captioning.
People in this video
- Peter Hays Gries Director University of Oklahoma->Institute for U.S.-China Issues
- Melanie Hart Director Center for American Progress->Chinese Energy and Climate Policy
- Fengjie Qu Senior Research Fellow and Director Institute for International Economic Research (China)->China-US Economic Relations Department
- Yang Rui Host China Central Television->"Dialogue"
- Qiang Xin Deputy Director Fudan University->Center for American Studies
More Videos From
Brookings Institution: 35 Years of U.S.-China Relations
- U.S.-China Relations, Sports and Cultural Diplomacy Panel
- U.S.-China Relations, Chinese Economy Panel
U.S.-China Relations, Closing Remarks
Evan Medeiros, senior director of Asian Affairs for the National Security Council, talked about the state of U.S.-China…
U.S.-China Relations, Sports and Cultural Diplomacy Panel
Retired basketball star Yao Ming joined NBA Commissioner Emeritus David Stern to discuss the role that basketball and…
Panelists talked about the U.S.-China relationship. They focused on the interdependence of the two countries'…
Book Discussion on Asia's Cauldron
Robert Kaplan talked about his book, Asia’s Cauldron: The South China Sea and the End of a Stable Pacific, in…